Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Burlesque


I went to see Burlesque over the Thanksgiving holiday. My thoughts?

If you want to see a fantastic, visually exciting film, this is it. If you want to see lots of great singing and dancing, this is it. If you want to see a cliche romance with an appropriate amount of humor, this is it.

If you want to see good, serious acting, go somewhere else.

The actors were clearly chosen because they had the voice to perform the demanding singing roles and the moves to do the dancing and contorting. They weren't chosen for acting.

But really, that's fine. I didn't see the movie for good acting, I saw it because I love to dance and I love to watch people dance. Most likely, I'll buy this when it goes to DVD and watch it in secret when my roommate's gone.

I'll probably dance and sing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment